Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga.net server not properly configured?

On Sun, 28 Nov 2010 18:10:16 +0200
Jānis Rukšāns <thedogfarted gmail com> wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 12:10 AM,  <palama inwind it> wrote:
> > On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 11:31:58 -0600
> > Anthony Base <base anthony gmail com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi guys! Empathy users like me would love to use your Ekiga server, but
> >> there's something whacked out about your server configuration that is
> >> preventing other clients from connecting to yours.
> >>
> > Could you be more specific about the problems encountered by Empathy when trying to connect to ekiga.net?
>
> I think the links Anthony provided are very specific about the
> problems. To reiterate - ekiga.net responds to REGISTER w/ 606 Not
> Acceptable Anywhere when behind NAT, supposedly because of a private
> IP in the top Via. This breaks clients that use SIP Outbound for
> traversing NAT.

This looks like the same problem that prevented Linphone versions prior to 3.3.0 to register to
ekiga.net. Apparently ekiga.net refuses connections with with a 'via' header with private ip address.
We know (your mail dated 18 mar 2010) that you think that this is not correct.
 This issue should be discussed with
the administrator of ekiga.net Damien Sandras but I don't know if we can assume that he is reading
this mailing list, since he did not comment your mails in march.
The developer of Linphone solved the problem by making a second tentative with the public IP in VIA.
Best regards,
Antonio

--
 <palama inwind it>