Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga.net server not properly configured?

On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 12:10 AM,  <palama inwind it> wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 11:31:58 -0600
> Anthony Base <base anthony gmail com> wrote:
>
>> Hi guys! Empathy users like me would love to use your Ekiga server, but
>> there's something whacked out about your server configuration that is
>> preventing other clients from connecting to yours.
>>
> Could you be more specific about the problems encountered by Empathy when trying to connect to ekiga.net?

I think the links Anthony provided are very specific about the
problems. To reiterate - ekiga.net responds to REGISTER w/ 606 Not
Acceptable Anywhere when behind NAT, supposedly because of a private
IP in the top Via. This breaks clients that use SIP Outbound for
traversing NAT.

--
Ian