Re: [Ekiga-list] No audio output / Ekiga 3.2.7 (D-Link DSL 302G router)

On 15/11/10 11:15, Dave Koelmeyer wrote:
On 15/11/10 09:23 PM, Dave Koelmeyer wrote:
On 15/11/10 08:15 PM, Dave Koelmeyer wrote:
On 15/11/10 07:16 PM, Dave Koelmeyer wrote:
Hi All,

Interesting problem; Ekiga 3.2.7 on Ubuntu 10.10 x86. I have a user
with an Ekiga.net account, has successfully signed in with this and
running Ekiga. User makes a test call to sip:500 ekiga net (with
only the minimum set of audio codecs enabled), and the webcam and
webcam mic are being detected fine (no errors, audio input level in
the Ekiga monitoring window is fine, onscreen H261 video is fine).
However, although audio input via the mic is registering fine, there
is zero audio output back from the test call.

Now, I have double checked and tried every combo I can think of; the
audio device in Ekiga is set to PTLIB/Default, and when playing back
the sound events (ringing, voice message etc) in Ekiga preferences
it's being played back through the system audio hardware just fine.
It seems to be only audio which should be coming from back the far
end in a call (test or otherwise) which is not being played back.

I have a screengrab of the audio monitoring window; as you can see
neither of the devices are greyed out, and when tapping on the mic
the input level responds accordingly - just absolutely nothing is
registering on the audio output meter:

http://www.davekoelmeyer.co.nz/docs/EkigaAudioOuput.png

I have a debug output here, if anyone has any suggestions - grabbed
while making a test call:

http://www.davekoelmeyer.co.nz/docs/EkigaECS.txt

I should also mention that this user is NATed behind a domestic home
D-link DSL router.

Hmm, and I suspect this could be an issue with the absence of a SIP
ALG in the home router in question, and/or incoming ports being
blocked...?

Looking back through the list archives, I spied this thread which refers
to the same model of home router as in this case:

http://www.mail-archive.com/ekiga-list gnome org/msg08142.html

It also describes a similar symptom ("The various test SIP addresses
that are supposed to playback sounds also don't work for me"). I'll have
a closer look at this and report back to the list if I find a
configuration that works.

Ok.

I have looked at your traces and have not seen anything suspect.