Re: [Ekiga-list] No incoming traffic problem

On 31/10/10 12:01, Aramil wrote:
Hello all,

I am using a NanoStation 2 in Router mode.The NS is connected wirelessly
to my neighbor's router and a switch is connect via ethernet to the NS
for LAN use.

The past few days I'm trying to use a VoIP client software to connect to
my VoIP account.I use Ekiga Softphone to do so, which requires UDP ports
3478-3479 and 5000-5100 to be open.

So I have opened these ports both on my neighbor's router and on the
NS.The problem that I'm encountering is that although I manage to
register to the VoIP service, when I answer an incoming call the caller
is able to hear me, but I'm not able to hear the caller.So I used
wireshark and figured that there is no incoming traffic on my end.

I have used many linux VoIP clients with PCs connecting straight forward
to an ADSL router and worked perfectly.So this has something to do with
NS...

Maybe you are hit by the following ekiga bug: http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Troubleshooting#I_hear_the_ring.2C_but_the_communication_is_not_established

You need to look into the output of -d 4 from one of the endpoints, or send it to us (http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Debugging_Ekiga#How_to_get_a_debug_output). Better from both endpoints for the same communication.