Re: [Ekiga-list] how to change callerID

Hello Eugen, In that case we will add the feature then ourselves, or do you know anyone familiar with the code that has time to add it for us?

Grt, Evan

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 6:59 PM, Eugen Dedu <Eugen Dedu pu-pm univ-fcomte fr> wrote:
On 31/10/10 16:47, ETJ vandevliert wrote:
Hello, we are using xlite and like to change to Ekiga.

There is one feature we are not able to configure.

In Xlite when being called the incoming call is matched with the xlite
address book.
If there is a similar record in the address book of xlite available, it will
be shown in the popup of the incoming call.

Example:
Xlite will also show the name of the contact with telephone
number 04422535 in the call popup.

"Incoming call from David Callalot"

If Egika does have a similar contact lookup feature for incoming calls, pls
explain how to configure.
If not, how can this feature be added?

Hi Evan,

This is not possible with current ekiga.  It should not be difficult to add it, it is just a matter to check in ekiga code (src/gui/main_window.cpp or main.cpp) if the SIP caller matches one entry in the addressbook.

You should create a bug report for this.  Better, provide us a patch (http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Download_Ekiga_sources) and it will be in the next release!