Re: [Ekiga-list] Receiving calls with or without a soft PBX?

Il giorno ven, 21/05/2010 alle 11.53 +0300, Jānis Rukšāns ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 10:11 PM, luigi <lewis41 fedoraproject org> wrote:
> > Hello,
> > i've a question about Ekiga:
> > on my LAN i'm able to connect to a local IP phone, through
> > sip:xxx.yyy.zzz.ttt
> >
> > but i'm not able to configure Ekiga to receive calls from it. Do i need
> > to install a soft PBX as Asterisk for this?
>
> It depends on the IP phone in question. Ekiga should be able to
> receive calls over LAN without any PBX. The question is whether the IP
> phone can make a call to an arbitrary phone. If it can, just dial the
> IP of the box running Ekiga.
Hi Jānis,
the phone is a BT-100 that should dial another phone, selecting its IP
address. In my case, i'm behind a router/firewall, using local
addresses: 192.168.1.x.
IP phone: 192.168.1.3
PC: 192.168.1.2

From Ekiga-PC to IP Phone: sip:192.168.1.3 (OK)
From IP Phone to Ekiga-PC: dial 192.168.001.002 (no connection)

> Otherwise you'll need a PBX or some kind
> of SIP proxy (like OpenSER or variants of it) and have both Ekiga and
> IP phone registered to the proxy/PBX. Then you can call Ekiga by
> dialling the extension number assigned to Ekiga.

I'll try with this alternative.

Thank You for your quick response
Luigi