Re: [Ekiga-list] Receiving calls with or without a soft PBX?

Hi,

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 10:11 PM, luigi <lewis41 fedoraproject org> wrote:
> Hello,
> i've a question about Ekiga:
> on my LAN i'm able to connect to a local IP phone, through
> sip:xxx.yyy.zzz.ttt
>
> but i'm not able to configure Ekiga to receive calls from it. Do i need
> to install a soft PBX as Asterisk for this?

It depends on the IP phone in question. Ekiga should be able to
receive calls over LAN without any PBX. The question is whether the IP
phone can make a call to an arbitrary phone. If it can, just dial the
IP of the box running Ekiga. Otherwise you'll need a PBX or some kind
of SIP proxy (like OpenSER or variants of it) and have both Ekiga and
IP phone registered to the proxy/PBX. Then you can call Ekiga by
dialling the extension number assigned to Ekiga.

--
Ian