Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga on Ubuntu using DSL

Chris Vine wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 19:30:06 +0000
> Chris Vine <chris cvine freeserve co uk> wrote:
>> On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 08:31:58 +0100
>> yannick <sevmek free fr> wrote:
>>> You can test ekiga 3.2.6 for karmic with the patch here:
>>> https://launchpad.net/~sevmek/+archive/ppa
>>>
>>> I do no used "ekiga-released" as I consider it as official and I do
>>> not want to confuse users of it with some testing.
>> I am not using karmic.  Can you please post the patch here and I will
>> recompile libopal.
>
> And could you also state whether libopal as patched is binary
> compatible: that is, do I also need to recompile ekiga?

No, you do not need to.

More generally: An application needs recompiling only when its interface
changes.  That's the reason why on every machine you can update the
system, sometimes only a library is updated, but all the applications
depending on it see the change.