Re: [Ekiga-list] Sound is very low on ekiga with ALSA and analogue headset. Works great with USB.

David Taveras wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I have this issue:
> Ubuntu 9.10
>
> Volume  is very low on ekiga with ALSA and analogue headset. Works
> great with USB.

No idea why.

> Same machine has skype installed and it works crystal clear.... skype
> uses Pulse Audio
>
> I have tried this test on 3-4 different PCs same result. I have
> increased the volume in the Sound preferences to max and still not
> good enough.
>
> What do you guys recommend? Would it be a good idea to force ekiga to
> use Pulse Audio like skype? How easy is it to do in Ubuntu?

The problem is that pulse audio plugin is available only on trunk, and
current releases use stable.  We will make release from trunk later.

In the meantime, if useful to you, you can use trunk (the presence in
the roster does not work for the moment, there might be other bugs too)
or use the debian snapshots from the wiki.