Re: [Ekiga-list] Why does Ekiga not reconnect?

Christian Jaeger wrote:
> Hello
>
> If the internet connection goes down for some time, then comes back
> up, Ekiga will still not be reachable again even after waiting for
> more than 30 minutes. Setting the presence menu to "Away" then
> "Online" doesn't reauthenticate it, only going to Accounts and
> unchecking then rechecking the account makes it log in again (or
> restarting the program).

The best is to start ekiga with "ekiga -d 4 2>output" and post a bug
report with the output.  We will analyse it and probably send it
upstream (opal).

> Why is this? It has been this way for a long time, and it was actually
> one of the major reasons that I moved to using Twinkle about 9 months
> ago. I would expect that this is easily fixable?

I appreciate, Christian, the comments you make on this list.  But we
have been in lack of man power from several months (not to say a few
years).  We would like to do it better, but we do not have enough time.
 Really.