[Ekiga-list] Why does Ekiga not reconnect?

Hello

If the internet connection goes down for some time, then comes back
up, Ekiga will still not be reachable again even after waiting for
more than 30 minutes. Setting the presence menu to "Away" then
"Online" doesn't reauthenticate it, only going to Accounts and
unchecking then rechecking the account makes it log in again (or
restarting the program).

Why is this? It has been this way for a long time, and it was actually
one of the major reasons that I moved to using Twinkle about 9 months
ago. I would expect that this is easily fixable?

Christian.