[Ekiga-list] ekiga does work if output/input device change in pulseaudio

I have resume using Ekiga after a long hiatus. The current version I am
using is 3.2.7 on Debian amd64 Testing, kernel 2.6.32-5-amd64.

Ekiga works properly by using onboard audio device or the attached USB
headset, but only when no other application is using the audio device.

If I select the output and input devices as "Default (PTLIB/ALSA)",
ekiga works as long as I do not change the audio device from pulse audio
volume control from "Default" to my onboard audio. If I change the
device, it stops working and appears to hang. It resumes working if I
revert the audio device to "Default". But in this case also, on other
application must be using the device for Ekiga to work.

It this a bug I have hit? I am expecting Ekiga to continue working even
if I change the audio device chosen from Pulseaudio.

Here is the hardware I have:
Motherboard: M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 Asus (AM3 socket).
$ lspci | grep -i audio
00:14.2 Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA) (rev 40)
01:05.1 Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc RS880 Audio Device [Radeon HD
4200]
$ aplay -l
card 0: SB [HDA ATI SB], device 0: HDA Generic [HDA Generic]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: default [Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000 ], device 0: USB Audio [USB
Audio]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 2: HDMI [HDA ATI HDMI], device 3: ATI HDMI [ATI HDMI]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Thanks.

ever having been read.