Re: [Ekiga-list] Issues

Le mardi 05 janvier 2010 à 14:01 -0800, Bruce Ferrell a écrit :
> pulse isn't right anywhere and the only the the pulse devs says is
> it's
> the applications fault.... Which I would say OK to except it's ALL the
> applications.

Well, I'm using Ubuntu since long now, and for *me*, 9.10 is the worst
experience ever with this distro. Please, do not take for granted Ubuntu
is getting worst, it is just my own experience...

I've 2 computers running it; 1 "netbook" which was unusable with it
("MSI wind": no USB support at all and a bad luminosity flickering all
time) and a desktop with garbage sound in all applications like you
(based on an Asus A8N-E motherboard). Both computers were working fine
with the previous Ubuntu.

In both cases I tried to:
1- find relevant bug in launchpad (the ubuntu bug tracking system) and
2- take the latest updates for critical components of the system
involved in the bug)

e.g. you could try this PPA which contains latest pulseaudio release:
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-audio-dev/+archive/ppa
It helped in my case, even if still not perfect.

You could also try to allow the "karmic-proposed" repository, it has an
updated kernel.

As a side note, the good news for Ubuntu users is the incoming release
(10.04 LTS) will be based on Debian (I mean they will stick close to it
this time); thus the overall quality will probably be better...

Best regards,
Yannick

--
Me joindre en téléphonie IP / vidéoconférence ?
sip:yannick ekiga net