Re: [Ekiga-list] Issues

Bruce,
Like you I tried pulse a while back and eventually deleted it so I
could get some sound to work.
With Suse 11,2 however it now works, including my Bluetooth
headset(this enables me to make calls via ekiga and leave my notebook on
the bench) 2.6.31.8-0.1-desktop #1 SMP PREEMPT 2009-12-15 23:55:40 +0100
i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

There is a bit more of a learning curve. The trick is to get pulse to
work then get applications to talk to it. For ekiga for example I just
put 'pulse' into the sound devices using gconf-editor. Then to get that
to work you need to set up a .asoundrc file in your home directory
which contains

pcm.pulse {
 type pulse
    }

ctl.pulse {
 type pulse
    }

There re also pulse tools which, on my system, are here
/usr/bin/pabrowse
/usr/bin/pacat
/usr/bin/pavucontrol
/usr/bin/pacmd