Re: [Ekiga-list] Fix for Ekiga not re-registering

Le mardi 05 janvier 2010 à 15:55 +1000, bnc a écrit :
I always change the port too.
I normally go into gconf-editor and set the port to 5066.
When starting ekiga it still uses port 5060.
It then seems to allocate the next port up everytime it reregisters.
Now if you have a limited number of ports available then it runs out.
It appears then that ekiga just keeps retrying until one of the used
ports times out and it is able to register again.
I checked this by looking at the display of internet sessions on my
router and having the edit accounts window open.
You can watch the ports getting allocated and the account going in and
out of registration. To be clear the ports are not being allocated
because I am making calls, they just get allocated on a regular basis.

So why does ekiga now ignore the gconf-editor setting, and why does it
keep allocating a new port. At least it should get rid of the old one.
Note I have my account timeout set to 3600.

Probably you are using ekiga 2.0.x and not 3.x.x.
--
 _     Damien Sandras
(o-