[Ekiga-list] Feeding Ekiga input from other devices than webcams/microphones

Hi there!

I have a project where I want to broadcast a video over H.323. I've been using Ekiga to connect to the end system and have been able to broadcast my webcam and audio just fine.

I have a http TS-stream that I now want to feed into Ekiga. I was thinking about doing this by using named pipes. I've set up VLC to output audio and video separately into /tmp/vlc_audio and /tmp/vlc_video. I've then tried setting the audio and video devices manually by using gconf-editor, like described in http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Audio_setup#Configure_Ekiga_3.x_for_OSS_4.x

When I then try launching Ekiga I get errors with malformed input, so I'm guessing I'm shooting blanks or trying to do something that just isn't possible - even though I don't really see why it shouldn't be possible.

Can someone shed some light on this?

- Marius