Re: [Ekiga-list] Calling sip:500 ekiga net from Asterisk?

On 12/16/2010 11:19 AM, Gilles wrote:

Thierry Simonnet wrote:
You only have to use a "user" for the trunk and every client could call
any user of ekiga.net network.
Thanks Thierry. I'm still unclear about the difference between friend, user,
and peer, so I'll read up on the subject.
Simply (very)
User : it makes incoming call (for ypur asterisk IPBX)
Peer : it makes outgoing connections. can be defined statically or dynamically.
Friend : both.
Be careful if you use host=dynamic.

Have a look at Asterisk the future of telephony, Oreilly. You can download this book for free on asterisk web site (documentation) around pp 200. If I have a god memory :-)
The trunking is also well documented.

--

Thierry Simonnet

ESIEE-Paris

Par respect pour l’environnement, n’imprimez ce mail que si nécessaire