Re: [Ekiga-list] VoipCheap calls does not work

Ok. I switched off all G7* audio and theora and MP4V-ES video codecs.
Call won`t work.
Then I restarted ekiga, but the same.

Then I switched off all of videocodecs except theora.
Calls working.

Then I switched on all audiocodecs, video is still theora only.
Calls won`t work.

So switching off G7* audiocodecs.

Then I started playing with video codecs:
theora	calls works
theora + h261	calls works
theora + h261 + h263 calls won`t work
theora + h261 + h263-1998 calls won`t work
theora + h261 + MP4V-ES calls won`t work
MP4V-ES calls works
h263-1998 calls works
h263 calls works

So there`s exactly only one video-codec that can running, with no G7* audio at the same time.

On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 15:03:00 +0200
Eugen Dedu <Eugen Dedu pu-pm univ-fcomte fr> wrote:

> I was wrong.  Your issue is not related to video codecs.  It is just
> that you have too many codecs enabled, and the packet is too big to
> enter the network.

Where do I need to change the packet size for sip protocol, and why there`s no auto negotiation?

Really, I don`t know which codecs needed for which providers, so how can I switch off unused, if I don`t know which codecs do I use?

> Just remove say 7 audio and video codecs you do not use (such as G.72x)
> and tell us if it works with video codecs enabled too.

Also, could I complain to the small, non-resizable list of codecs, that makes it very unusable? )

//Dima