Re: [Ekiga-list] No echo test/F12 Linux -

On 17/04/10 06:25, David Ford wrote:
Hi Bob
I've got the same on FC11
David

PS - you didn't need to sign up for the $10 it will not connect just the same even if you choose not to.

       I received an e-mail this morning telling me to call a telephone
       number to get my account unlocked! That after going through a
       number of confusing and complicated steps yesterday. I asked
       them to cancel the account, I can only hope that works. I
       received a response to that request which sounds a bit negative?

PPS if you open a terminal window and type ekiga -d 4 2> ekiga.d4 and then search the ekiga.d4 file you will probably find that there is a line that says "STUN server lost connection unexpectedly" this seems to be the problem. I though it was just me. As you and I seem to be the only people trying to use ekiga on Fedora - do you want to see if we can find out what the problem is between us? I'm not sure if it's worth the bother - but, like you, I am a little irritated by it.

       ekiga -d 4 2> ekiga.d4 returns nothing for me except to start
       the process of setting up Ekiga again. I can't locate a file
       "ekiga.d4" either? My interest in this project is waning ... If
       you have any other suggestions I will consider them but wonder
       if we should not be looking elsewhere for VOIP applications. I
       have the impression there are others?

       Thanks.

       Bob

PPPS
This was the last response I got from Eugen - I'm afraid it looks as though we're on our own.
. . . .
and again:

2010/04/15 12:12:21.077	  0:10.183	                       	STUN	STUN
server 75.101.138.128:3478 unexpectedly went offline.

Both of them are strange, I have not seen them before.  I cannot help,
sorry.  If nobody answers in a few days, please report the bug to
bugzilla by attaching these two outputs.