Re: [Ekiga-list] ekiga problem on 3g connection (ubuntu 9.10)

Hi

2010/4/13 Rob Owens <rowens ptd net>:
>> I'm behind a nat firewall with a private IP address.
>> Ekiga identifies this as a symmetric NAT.  Obviously, I have no ability
>> to configure port forwarding or otherwise alter the NAT, since it is
>> administered by my ISP.

> The NAT that the Ekiga software and documentation refers to is that of
> your firewall.  It doesn't have anything to do with your ISP.
>
> You can try using an account from iptel.org with the Ekiga software.
> Their accounts have some kind of "server-side NAT traversal solution" in
> place.

Dave is right in case of 3G connection you are always behing a Nat. it
can be worst if you have only http/80 through a transparent connexion
which is sometimes the case in France for "illimited web" .

the bad thing is that you can have several nat and routeurs before the
ISP router with public address so I guess STUN and ICE cannot make
miracles in those case?

--
web perso : http://memeteau.com