Re: [Ekiga-list] Sucess between two ekiga clients.

Le samedi 10 avril 2010 à 18:05 +0200, michel memeteau a écrit :
> Hello just to give my experience.
>
> I has several call between two natted Ubuntu Box in france  :
> Livebox/jaunty/ekiga3.2.0   - neufBox/karmic/ekiga 3.2.6
>
> So far call sucess with both audio & video was close to 90% which is very good.
>
> My main problem is that even if the neufbox is 4096/900kbits  , the
> livebox is 1024/256kbits , so the upstream on the livebox is really
> painful . SO far I put 160 Kbits ( was wriiten Ko/s in 3.2.0 but
> corrected in 3.2.6 ) and 500 on my side .
>
> on both sides we don't have the patented plugins installed, because
> I'm not sure it's still possible on both distro .So using speex/theora
> with 320*240 on both side gives really average results but it's still
> okay. I tried once to install theora 1.1 but it just make opal fail.
> did anyone succeed ?
>
> Sound with speex is amazing , taking less than 3 Ko/s
>
> I updated the jaunty box to 3.2.6 ppA ( thx yannick )and will test it tonight
>
> So  :
>
> - Congrats & thanks  to all that take on their time to make Ekiga
> improve all the time (empathy for example failed on working with our
> gmail accounts)
>
> - Do you have any advices on this setup?

Hi,

It is always good for us to know our software gives good results. Thank
you for the feedback.

At the moment we are testing a patch which should improve connectivity
when Ekiga is behind a NAT (technicaly it fix STUN support to the RTP
streams -i.e. the audio and video streams-)

You can find it for Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic here:
https://launchpad.net/~sevmek/+archive/ppa
(it is Ekiga 3.2.6+the patch)

I will most probably build it for Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04 and the incoming
Ubuntu Lucid 10.04 in 1 week or 2.

Reports about this patch are positives for now. It is includuded in the
dev branch of OPAL, and if the testing continue to give good results it
will most likely be included in the next Ekiga release.

The patch itself is small, apply only to OPAL and is binary compatible
with Ekiga 3.2.6, which means you can patch OPAL yourself if you have
Ekiga 3.2.6 already and it should work with just patching/rebuilding
OPAL.

Best regards,
Yannick

--
Me joindre en téléphonie IP / vidéoconférence ?
sip:yannick ekiga net