[Ekiga-list] Sucess between two ekiga clients.

Hello just to give my experience.

I has several call between two natted Ubuntu Box in france  :
Livebox/jaunty/ekiga3.2.0   - neufBox/karmic/ekiga 3.2.6

So far call sucess with both audio & video was close to 90% which is very good.

My main problem is that even if the neufbox is 4096/900kbits  , the
livebox is 1024/256kbits , so the upstream on the livebox is really
painful . SO far I put 160 Kbits ( was wriiten Ko/s in 3.2.0 but
corrected in 3.2.6 ) and 500 on my side .

on both sides we don't have the patented plugins installed, because
I'm not sure it's still possible on both distro .So using speex/theora
with 320*240 on both side gives really average results but it's still
okay. I tried once to install theora 1.1 but it just make opal fail.
did anyone succeed ?

Sound with speex is amazing , taking less than 3 Ko/s

I updated the jaunty box to 3.2.6 ppA ( thx yannick )and will test it tonight

So  :

- Congrats & thanks  to all that take on their time to make Ekiga
improve all the time (empathy for example failed on working with our
gmail accounts)

- Do you have any advices on this setup?
--
web perso : http://memeteau.com