Re: [Ekiga-list] Jack Support

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 1:39 PM, Daniel Joshua Worth
<pipemanmusic gmail com> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 1:55 PM, Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Le lundi 19 octobre 2009 à 13:27 -0600, Daniel Joshua Worth a écrit :
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 1:17 PM, Eugen Dedu
>> <Eugen Dedu pu-pm univ-fcomte fr> wrote:
>>
>> Daniel Joshua Worth wrote:
>> > I'm the host of the Open Source Musician Podcast. One of the major
>> > hurdles
>> > for pod casters is having the ability to do interviews and/or have
>> > remote
>> > show hosts. Our current setup uses skype to hold the conversation using
>> > the
>> > alsa-jack bridge and an asoundrc pcm device. From there we record using
>> > Ardour and send to an icecast server using darkice. Being able to use a
>> > sip
>> > phone with native jack support would enable a much cleaner setup as well
>> > as
>> > conference calling ect.. I hope this can be a planned addition to ekiga
>> > or
>> > at the very least resolve the alsa pcm device issue.
>>

>> Well, there are several things to do to improve ekiga, I think there are
>> other things more urgent than jack support :o(
>>
>> Well, while I understand it might not be a top of the list type thing for
>> most users, it's a show stopper for me. Unfortunately it means I, and many
>> other pod casters, will be saddled with Skype for the foreseeable future. At
>> the very least it would be nice to support alsa virtual sound devices like
>> Skype does.
>>
>> You can always redefine the "Default" ALSA device to use jack and use that
>> device in Ekiga.
>

> That isn't a workable solution as doing a live show means I don't want
> system sounds ect pushed out the live stream.

Daniel,

you might have a look at Internet DJ Console
http://web.bethere.co.uk/idjc/  it looks like the tool to coordinate
your efforts.
I have not yet tried it with Ekiga, so if you do I would be interested
to hear how you did it & if it went well.