Re: [Ekiga-list] Jack Support

Le lundi 19 octobre 2009 à 13:27 -0600, Daniel Joshua Worth a écrit :
On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 1:17 PM, Eugen Dedu <Eugen Dedu pu-pm univ-fcomte fr> wrote:

Daniel Joshua Worth wrote:
> I'm the host of the Open Source Musician Podcast. One of the major hurdles
> for pod casters is having the ability to do interviews and/or have remote
> show hosts. Our current setup uses skype to hold the conversation using the
> alsa-jack bridge and an asoundrc pcm device. From there we record using
> Ardour and send to an icecast server using darkice. Being able to use a sip
> phone with native jack support would enable a much cleaner setup as well as
> conference calling ect.. I hope this can be a planned addition to ekiga or
> at the very least resolve the alsa pcm device issue.

Well, there are several things to do to improve ekiga, I think there are
other things more urgent than jack support :o(

Well, while I understand it might not be a top of the list type thing for most users, it's a show stopper for me. Unfortunately it means I, and many other pod casters, will be saddled with Skype for the foreseeable future. At the very least it would be nice to support alsa virtual sound devices like Skype does.

You can always redefine the "Default" ALSA device to use jack and use that device in Ekiga.

Damien Sandras

http://www.ekiga.org
http://www.beip.be