Re: [Ekiga-list] ekiga 3.2.6 won't call

On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 8:21 AM, yannick <sevmek free fr> wrote:
> Javier Barroso a écrit :
>> On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 12:33 PM, Eugen Dedu
>> <Eugen Dedu pu-pm univ-fcomte fr> wrote:

>>> Javier,
>>>
>>> We do not understand well what happens.
>>>
>>> Do you wait until ekiga is registered, before trying 1999?  Are the
>>> accounts registered before trying 1999 (look at the Accounts window)?
>> Yes ekiga is registered (it happens too after a while using ekiga)
>>
>>> When you type 1999, you have sip:1999 in the URL bar and a combobox is
>>> opened to show you some completions.  When you press the green phone, is
>>> this combobox closed or not?  Is the address completed (something like
>>> sip:1999 ekiga net) or not?
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Yesterday I switch to kde4 to give a try ekiga outside awesome (to
>> discard wm issues)
>>
>> Now I discover one issue:
>>
>> When I type 1999 in URL bar and type "enter" key then not let me dial.
>> But, If in this moment (after it is not working) I select a number
>> from call history and I can call to it (double click in the list).
>>
>> Then I type 1999 in URL bar and it works !
>>
>> Now I'm not sure if when it happens (it not call), the address is
>> completed or not ... Next time it happens to me I'll reply your last
>> parraph
>>

> What happen if you try to place the call using not a number, but
> somthing close to the form of an email:
> do not try sip:1999
> try: sip:1999 yourprovider (your provider is what you entered in the
> account window, under the field registrar)
It happens too. (Ekiga will not let me dial when I type "enter" or
when I click in green button), but I can select a recent call from the
list with mouse and then it works again (I can call to any number).

Yesterday I had this issue, and then I discover that I couldn't
receiving calls (it appears like bussy until I exit and reexec ekiga)
but that I could call again. Unfortunally I was running ekiga without
-d4 parameter (in debian #546886 bug [1] you could take a look for gdb
trace but not to -d4 output because I forgot it when made the report).

I think that are two issues different

  1. No unresponsive (only sometimes) when I type 'enter' or click in
green phone button
  2. Won't receiving calls because it appears like bussy (I will send
you gdb trace and -d4 output if it happens again).

Thanks your efforts.