Re: [Ekiga-list] how to pick up the phone

Hi Zhang,

Zhang Weiwu wrote:
> Hello. I am using ekiga 3.0.1 on OpenSuSE 11. In the setup wizard I
> choose no for both ekiga.net account and out-calling service because I
> intend to use it mostly in our LAN.
>
> The other host in the LAN runs ekiga 2.0.12 on Ubuntu 8.04, configured
> to use an ekiga.net account and logged in as that account.
>
> Issue one: if I call the other host by either double click the person
> name in neighbors or calling sip:192.168.0.101 (the other host's IP
> address), the other host ekiga would not ring, on my host the green call
> out button, after clicked, become disabled for 4 seconds and back green.

You should send us the -d 4 output of both ends, you are probably hit by
"packet greater than 1500 bytes" bug.

> Issue two: if I call from the other host to this host by using
> sip:192.168.0.102 (my IP address), my host ekiga rings, but I do not
> know how to pick up the phone, as there is no message or window showing
> incoming call, and no button for pick up phone calls, nothing on the UI
> changes except the ring tone in speaker. I tried to click everywhere on
> ekiga not being able to pick up the call.

ekiga should have been compiled with libnotify devel package.  If not,
you could however press the green phone icon to accept the call.

How have you obtained ekiga package?  From OpenSUSE repository or have
you compiled it yourself?

(Finally, if possible, ekiga 3.2.6 (or 3.2.5) is better than 3.0.1...)