Re: [Ekiga-list] The download link

On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 6:08 AM, yannick <sevmek free fr> wrote:
Michal Svoboda a écrit :
> Ladies and gentlemen!
>
> Let's play a little quiz. Which of these methods takes you to download
> latest Ekiga for Windows?
>
> A) Go to ekiga.net, click on "download" under "To get started"
> EEEK. No.
>
> B) Go to ekiga.org, click on "download" under "Ekiga 3.20 available!"
> and "To get started":
> Still no.
>
> C) Idem, click on "downloads" on the main page
> Naaa.
>
> D) Click on "Download Ekiga!" under "Get Ekiga!"
> Gimme a break...
>
> E) Go to "Documentation and FAQ", click "WIKI", then "Download Ekiga"
> near "For Windows"
> Yes!! Correctamundo.
>
> Now the million dollar question. Do you folks or do you not want people
> to download ekiga?
>
> Sorry to sound so much ironical. But this is how things have been since
> at least from the beginning of the year and I guess it's about time
> someone *pretty please with a sugar on top* goddamn put the download
> link where it oughta be.
>
> With regards and thanks for otherwise fine software.

Indeed. I'm working on fixing this, hopefully in a few weeks (maybe
days...I'm quite busy with my paid job :( ) Sorry for the inconvenience.
I'll keep people informed here.

I guess it might also be nice if what version of Ekiga works on which
version / distro of linux.
Hope I'm not out of line. Still waiting for a good release for 8.04.
Bill