Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga website

Jake B a écrit :
On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 4:33 PM, Jo-Erlend Schinstad
<joerlend schinstad gmail com> wrote:

I really don't understand why anyone would want to submit to Skype,

Skype makes NAT traversal really, really easy, so much that it's a
non-issue. I feel like this may be an area where Ekiga is lacking.
Please see my other post about trying to get Ekiga to work behind a
double-NAT where port forwarding is impossible, for more details in
this regard. Just my .02
Knowing how Skype is working and being network administrator, Skype is banned (I'm not alone and more and more administrations, at least in Europe, do the same).

Sorry. but if you have to use port 80 to go out for VoIP I can't accept this. I can't also accept the fact that I have to share my xDSL|fiber line with my neighbours. If I share *I* decide what and with who.

--
Daniel