Re: [Ekiga-list] seeking good VOIP provider to replace Skype

2009/5/6 Jake B <otakuj462 gmail com>:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm currently examining the feasibility of replacing Skype with Ekiga. Right
> now, I'm using SkypeOut with a monthly plan that offers unlimited calling to
> landline phones in North America for $3/month. I think this is a very
> competitive rate, and I was wondering if anyone was aware of a VOIP provider
> that offered a similar plan (monthly, unlimited to North America) and
> similar rates.
>
> I'd appreciate any guidance anyone can offer. Thanks,
>
> Jake

Hey Jake,

I'm not immediately aware of a VoIP provider who could offer unlimited
calling to landline phones as part of a monthly plan with Ekiga. But
I'm also kind of new to this, so maybe someone can correct me. What I
do know is that Diamond (http://tinyurl.com/dx2bs9), a recommended
provider for Ekiga, offers better pay-as-you-go rates to the US than
SkypeOut. Compare Diamond's $0.016 with SkypeOut's $0.024 after the
value added tax (http://tinyurl.com/cysfq7).

Cheers,
Evan