Re: [Ekiga-list] Error while opening video device

Sorry to ask to work on version 3, but people prefer to spend time on this version...

J. Paul Bissonnette wrote:
There is no finished package for Ubuntu yet. I down loaded the source files. I haven't compiled a program in so long, can't even remember how to do it.

In the ptlib-2.4.4 package
configure: error: must have pthreads
I have a package called pthreads installed

Hm, I don't know this error, mabye someone else does know?

in the opal-3.4.4 package
this error occurs
configure: error: C++ compiler cannot create executables

In the ekiga package have dependence problem
checking for PTLIB... configure: error: Package requirements (ptlib >= 2.4.4) were not met:

All the other dependency issues were cleared up by installing the required dev packaged

Kind of stopped until I can resolve these issues.

Is there a howto on compiling?

wiki.ekiga.org, section compiling...

Eugen Dedu wrote:
J. Paul Bissonnette wrote:

I am using Ekgia 2.0.12 with Ubuntu 8.04 on an AMD64 with a GeForce 8500 GT graphic card and the Nvidia driver version 169.12

If possible, please upgrade to ekiga version 3...