Re: [Ekiga-list] ekiga 3.2.1 taking too much cpu

Mateusz Kaduk wrote:
> That makes no sens. Here on Debian everything works just fine.

Why do you say it makes no sense? To me, the data so far says something
about the difference in audio codecs being used. Moreover, since I am
not using a webcam and only the moving logo, video appears to be not a
problem. By checking the additional setup as Eugen suggested, this will
clarify the picture even more. That does make some sense.

> What You need to do is provide sufficient information. My suggestion is

Yes, here I agree. The information may be insufficient, but it is not
worthless.

> apt-get install ekiga-dbg libpt2.6.3-dbg libopal3.6.1-dbg

$> sudo aptitude -V -s  install ekiga-dbg libpt2.6.3-dbg libopal3.6.1-dbg
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
Reading task descriptions... Done
Couldn't find any package whose name or description matched "libpt2.6.3-dbg"
Couldn't find any package whose name or description matched "libpt2.6.3-dbg"
  ekiga-dbg [3.2.1~git20090515.9d0263-1]  libopal3.6.1-dbg [3.6.1~dfsg-1]
0 packages upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 3 not upgraded.
Need to get 15.1MB of archives. After unpacking 47.5MB will be used.
Would download/install/remove packages.

Which Debian version are you running?

> Then compile and install sysprof from
> git clone git://git.gnome.org/sysprof

Is there any problem with the one available in Debian?

ever having been read.