Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga freezing on start-up

Pete Dixon wrote:
I checked About, I'm using 3.2.5.

My previous issue was with volume of listening and the mic. I think I've
resolved those. The lock up is happening every time now.

Could you send us the gdb backtrace, cf. http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Debugging_Ekiga#How_to_get_a_stack_backtrace_from_a_crash ?

I had a look at the accounts to see if I could fix the problem without the
Assistant. Turned out every time I had used it it had created another pair
of accounts, some with incorrect entries from previous attempts. I deleted

In order to understand the problem you need to tell us what you fill in the assistant (except the password).

all but the two and corrected their entries and was able to register with
both Ekiga and Diamondcard.

Ok!

I called a friend's phone and was able to hear him almost perfectly but my
voice was nearly unrecognizable. This is with a modern Logitech headset that
I just brought hom. Any suggestions on that front? I tried manipulating the
Aumix settings, no dice. I wasn't any more audible last week with older
headsets or mics so I don't think it's the headset.

I have no idea :o(  Is the echo the problem or is it another thing?

Pete

Pete

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 3:35 PM, Eugen Dedu <Eugen Dedu pu-pm univ-fcomte fr