[Ekiga-list] About the services provided by Ekiga.net

Hi all!

At the moment I'm using the Twinkle VoIP client and although it supports
[SZ]RTP encryption, I would like to know if to obtain a safe communication
with the other parts it is necessary that this other part (client) also has
supported the same encryption protocol or if some support of the Ekiga.net
network is necessary additionally.

Also I would want to consult a doubt about the use of the conference rooms.
According to what I was reading ([1], [2]), one can enter in a room xxxx
communicating to sip: 501xxxx ekiga net and, if I understood well, to the
being first who enter would have to listen to the option to specify a PIN to
the room to offer a protected access. But in all the tests that I did I, I
didn't listen to any request of PIN (followed optionally of # so that the
room is public). I don't believe either that all the rooms which I tried to
enter were occupied. I'm not very sure about how Asterisk will handle the
conference rooms (I assume that are using Asterisk in ekiga.net). Would I
have to receive some acoustic notification of the participants of the
conference in case somebody were in the room?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Regards,
Daniel

[1] http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Fun_Numbers