Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga contact presence

I can confirm the problem and it behaves like this on 4
different computers in 4 different networks (everywhere
where I tried it) : If the other side connects, the status
updates quickly, if the other side quits, the status
_never_ gets updated. If I leave the client up for several
days then I end up with all my contacts permanently green.
I had this behaviour from the very first Ekiga 3.0 that
I installed.

> >> If I remember correctly, when a person quits ekiga, there is no update
> >> sent on the server.  However, the server (or the client) periodically
> >> (15 min I think) sends info to remote party about the presence.  So,
> >> when a person quits ekiga, it will take at most 15 min to update his
> >> presence.

Interesting. I would assume that this could occasionaly
cause the opposite problem (ie not showing online status
when contact is online). But I cannot see how it can actually
happen that the client never gets the offline status of
the contact if the \"default\" behaviour (ie when no message
is delivered to the server within 15 minutes) is offline
status and if the communication between the server and client
is clearly there (eg new contacts getting online become
green). I suspect a bug.

> What about sending a message to the server \"I\'m disconnecting\"... and
> *not* wait for any answer?

The same thing came to my mind after reading the previous
messages in this thread. I imagine that it could be quick
and safe to implement.

Palo

Najpopulárnejší blog na Slovensku - http://blog.sme.sk/