Re: [Ekiga-list] apprecite your help in implementing ekiga

Damien Sandras wrote:
Le mercredi 08 juillet 2009 à 21:09 +0200, Eugen Dedu a écrit :
Damien Sandras wrote:
Le mercredi 08 juillet 2009 à 21:11 +0300, Benedict simon a écrit :
Dear All,

we have a network which connects 3 builings with Fibre .
we do have a plan to implement chat, voice and video conferencing  for our
internal users

to be more precise

any user in one building should be able to chat, voice and video with
another user in the same building or another
i do have a linux server

all users have private IPs and all users are windows users

i was gooling around n found ekiga would be able to do the above.
like install ekiga on the linux server

but really could not get the hang of it after reading the docs on site

would ekiga help me to do the above or s there any software on linux that
would help me

apprecite your kind advice and help

regards

You both need a server and clients.
The server can be kamailio (kamailio.org) or Asterisk (asterisk.org), it
will run on Linux.
The client can be Ekiga. But on WIN32, it is not 100% perfect yet.
Couldn't this work without any server too? Ekiga works in a LAN (Neighbours tab in roster).

That's right.

Ah!, I forgot that neighbours tab does not work on windows version of ekiga. So the server is still needed!