Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga 3.0.x issues

Damien Sandras schrieb:
> Le mardi 20 janvier 2009 à 19:04 +0100, Wolfgang Rosenauer a écrit :
>> Damien Sandras schrieb:

>>> There is auto-completion, but no notion of default account anymore.
>> Hmm, that sounds bad.
>> I need to call different addresses (not within my domain) using
>> different SIP providers. If there is no default setting I need an option
>> to change it by call at least. Actually otherwise Ekiga 3 is really not
>> usable anymore for me :-(
>
> Do you mean you were changing the default account before each call ?!

Not before each call in my special case. I have one provider which is
only able to call real phones and one (ekiga.net) I'm usually use to do
real VOIP calls to SIP endpoints. And daily I'm only using the latter.
Still I need a way to actually define the outgoing provider to use. Do
you tell me that other's don't need to define that?

>>> I don't think it is an Ekiga issue. Our ALSA plugin did not change since
>>> years.
>>>
>>> Wouldn't you be using pulseaudio ?
>> No, I'm not running Gnome and stay far away from pulseaudio still. It
>> breaks different applications I rely on. It's not even installed anymore
>> on my system currently. So it's plain ALSA but I have no idea how to
>> figure out what's wrong.
>> The ekiga echo test doesn't show the issue and also Skype doesn't. It
>> started with openSUSE 11.1 and Ekiga 3.0.1 though.
>
> If the echo test does not show the issue, how can you be sure the
> problem is on *your* side and not on the remote side ?

Because the other participants of the conference calls hear the issue
only if I am connected.

Wolfgang