Re: [Ekiga-list] Yet an other post on Pulseaudio

Palo S. wrote:
> I guess there is a way to switch it off but I don\'t
> know how to do that. You can still remove it, test
> Ekiga and then install it back, just to find out
> whether it would solve the problem at all and then
> try to find a way to witch pulseaudio off...
>
> P.

There is a way, although not 100% satisfactory and it is described here

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/2008-December/169274.html

but in my case (unless I forgot something) it leaves the default alsa device to point to a non
running pulseaudio, but selecting the hw device it is ok.

but yes, ekiga works better.... as we have always known :-)