Re: [Ekiga-list] Re (2): More observations about Ekiga 3.

Le lundi 05 janvier 2009 à 13:29 -0800, peasthope shaw ca a écrit :
> Damien & others,
>
> > A bit weird. you are probably not doing the right thing.
>
> Agreed & agreed.
>
> Let's forget the test calls for now.  The clock is on the
> mouse pointer for about 45 seconds.  How long does
> registration of an ekiga account and a Diamond
> account normally require?  If one of these services
> happens to be down, Ekiga waits to a timeout?

Yes, you can check if it is registered or not by looking at the accounts
window (Edit menu).

Now that I think about it, I can confirm that the mouse pointer that you
notice after having started Ekiga is not influenced by Ekiga at all. It
is supposed to show the busy state (the clock) during a GNOME program
launch, but it is also supposed to end right after, without any
interaction of the program itself.

So it is not influenced by the account registration.

> Incidentally, Ekiga 2 displayed the number of accounts
> successfully registered.  I don't see this number on
> Ekiga 3.

Yes, we dropped that information.
--
 _     Damien Sandras