[Ekiga-list] PDU Write failed: Invalid argument

When starting Ekiga 2.0.12 on the KDE 4 desktop on a SUSE 11.0 machine
I get an error registration failed.
On the CL "ekiga -d 4" I get a lot of output.
It looks quite okay but then I read  "PDU Write failed: Invalid argument"
My NetGear router has the STUN and SIP ports open and redirect it to my
computer.
Firewall ON or OFF on my machine doesn't make any difference.
A search on the error gave me a discussion from 2005 that was not helpfull
Any suggestion how further to debug?
Thanks Teunis