Re: [Ekiga-list] Logon Problem

On Fri, January 2, 2009 3:40 pm, Brian wrote:

>> > What was the solution to the compilation problem ?
> Unfortunately, there is no solution.
> I am happy to pursue it further offline if you like.
> However, I am not sure if it is worth the effort.
> The problem was/is that I run kde.
> As such I have almost no gnome stuff installed by default.
> When I do install gnome stuff it gets put into /usr/lib not
> opt/gnome/lib where your software goes looking for it.
> I forgot to ask Fabrice when he said that he managed to compile, if he
> was using/had installed, the gnome desktop.

Indeed, I am a plain full gnome user.

> In addition I think I was picking up some older libs( I did an upgrade
> from 10.3-11.1) as the compile wanted to use resmgr which no longer
> exists on 11.1.

To be honest, I am not fully sure now that I upgraded from 10.X to 11.1
version on this workstation. I can affirm that I use OpenSUSE at work
since 10.X versions, but as my workstation was physically replaced not so
long ago , I perhaps have installed this one directly with some 11.0beta
and not upgraded it from 10.X.
I think I remember that indeed previously gnome stuff was mainly installed
in /opt/gnome/ subdir, but it seems now that everything is installed in
/usr and consorts. That's perhaps why upgrading from 10.X leads to some
false search pathes when building ekiga.

> Again many thanks,
> Brian

You're welcome, and I am happy to hear you finally got Ekiga working.

Happy new year to everybody.

Fabrice