Re: [Ekiga-list] ekiga-snapshot-config-tool Debian packaging looks for wrong schema file

Jim Diamond wrote:
On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 17:01 (+0100), Damien Sandras wrote:

Le jeudi 26 février 2009 à 15:49 +0100, Eugen Dedu a écrit :
Mark T.B. Carroll wrote:
ekiga-snapshot-config-tool --install-schemas gives,

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/etc/gconf/schemas/ekiga.schemas"
Failed to open `/etc/gconf/schemas/ekiga.schemas': No such file or directory

My version of the ekiga-snapshot Debian package is 0-20090214-1 which
instead has a /usr/share/gconf/schemas/ekiga-snapshot.schemas file.

upstream, please apply the patch attached.

Do you think it is still useful to distribute this small script? Is it better to just inform people about the gconftool command line to remove their ekiga configuration?

I applied all your patches.

I can't really answer your question because I don't have a precise
opinion about this.

For those of us who don't use gnome and gconf, it is better to have
some way other than the non-existent gconftool.

The problem is that this script has 131 lines and replaces only about 5 lines of code (rm -rf $HOME/.gconf/...; gconf --shutdown etc.)

But we will wait until everybody is ok with this removal.