Re: [Ekiga-list] PTLIB alsa plugin status

Yes, the ptlib alsa driver needs to be reentrant.

One thread could attempt to close the audio device while a second thread is reading/writing data from/to the alsa system.
Just to sort his out for my simple mind, trying to understand the overall requirements. And with the idea that using threads is perfectly reasonable in this context :-)

- Let's focus on the playback case, leaving any read aside (which refer to a different alsa device).

- This should mean that while one thread (A) is closing it's playback device, another thread (B) starts writing to it.

- Which means that thread B has been able to open the device before thread A finished closing it(?)

- Which means that I am a little confused... is this as designed? What am I missing?

--a