Re: [Ekiga-list] PTLIB alsa plugin status
- From: Alec Leamas <leamas alec gmail com>
- To: Ekiga mailing list <ekiga-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [Ekiga-list] PTLIB alsa plugin status
- Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 09:39:25 +0100
Just to sort his out for my simple mind, trying to understand the
overall requirements. And with the idea that using threads is perfectly
reasonable in this context :-)
Yes, the ptlib alsa driver needs to be reentrant.
One thread could attempt to close the audio device while a second
thread is reading/writing data from/to the alsa system.
- Let's focus on the playback case, leaving any read aside (which refer
to a different alsa device).
- This should mean that while one thread (A) is closing it's playback
device, another thread (B) starts writing to it.
- Which means that thread B has been able to open the device before
thread A finished closing it(?)
- Which means that I am a little confused... is this as designed? What
am I missing?
] [Thread Prev