Re: [Ekiga-list] ekiga beginner questions

Le mercredi 25 février 2009 à 12:03 -0500, H. S. a écrit :

>         not yet.
>
> ETA?

When it's ready. Most contributors only code in their spare time, my
spare time is really scarce nowadays, so I prefer not doing any promise.

>         It depends, sometimes, it is more difficult, but in 90% of the
>         cases, it
>         will run well. Either because the router supports SIP or
>         because STUN
>         works.
>

> Anything special about those 10% cases where it does not work? Just
> trying to get a clear picture here and perhaps avoid problems, or at
> least minimize them.

See wiki.ekiga.org, in those cases, a simple port forwarding is enough.

>         > 4. Can it be used on Linux (Debian, Ubuntu), Windows and
>         also on Mac
>         > OSX?
>

>         Not Mac OSX.
>
> Any alternative?

Any SIP software will work. But I'm not familiar with OS X. Perhaps
SJPhone will work.

Damien