Re: [Ekiga-list] ekiga on Slackware 12.2 not working usefully... anysuggestions?

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 19:13 (+0100), Palo S. wrote:

>> (1) The call recipient sees only his own video, the video of the
>> caller is never visible.

> Which video codec are you using? I have similar problem
> with Theora codec: the caller only sees his own video,
> the recipient sees both. With H.264 it works ok, except
> that the remote video only appears after approx. 20 sec
> of call and that H.264 is randomly disabled by Ekiga at
> startup. I don\'t have any issues only with H.261. Have
> you tried changing the video codec?

Well, in the "misery loves company" arena, I'm glad to see I'm not the
only one seeing this.

I had tried turning off theora with 3.0.1, but had not tried it with
3.0.2.  With 3.0.2 I continue to see the problem with both ends using
H.261.

Thanks for the suggestion.  If I get 3.1.0 working I'll try it there.

				Jim