Re: [Ekiga-list] Trouble using Ekiga Win32 with Bonjour

2009/2/18 michel memeteau <michel memeteau gmail com>
Hi

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 5:12 PM, Epelde Gorka <epetxepe gmail com> wrote:
  I was thinking in using bonjour, since I'm thinking to deploy Ekiga with my platform and i'm not going to have access to the router in all scenarios. So port forwarding or sipproxyd is not a good solution for me.

I m not sure I understood this : you think about Bonjour as a tool for Nat traversal ?

No.
 I'm thinking in a scenario where I would have clients different clients behind a NAT, but not limited to NAT clients.
  In http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Ekiga_behind_a_NAT_router#I_have_2_Ekiga_behind_a_NAT_using_STUN:_they_can.27t_communicate it proposes two solutions to be able to correctly communicate clients behind a NAT. In my case, zeroconf in their corresponding implementations (avahi, bonjour) would be the best option, since the second option of using SIPProxyd needs access to the router/firewall (as far as i understand) and I might not have access to the router in all scenarios.

Do you have any build of Ekiga Win32 3.0.2 working with bonjour?

Bonjour is made to detact other SIp clients inside the Nat, it can't do anything about the outside world.

Yes that's how I understand Bonjour.