Re: [Ekiga-list] Two ekiga logins on the same PC won't work?

ael wrote on Sat, 05 Dec 2009 15:49:

> John Feagans wrote:
> > Two instances of Ekiga on the same PC cannot work,
> > but you may also have the same problem if you have
> > two PC's each running Ekiga behind the same home router.
>
> I have been doing this for years. Just use gconf-edit
> to assign different ports to each instance of ekiga.
> Actually even that isn't necessary because the NAT
> router changes ports anyway.

> > Your public IP address

> + port
  ^^^^^^
> > is used to register the Ekiga instance.

Thank you!

Could you be a little more specific on how you
have done this for different users on a single PC?

And should every Ekiga user behind a NAT router
use a different port?

And do I then have to configure the router to forward
certain ports back to the specific internal PC
(might be difficult with DHCP random IP assignments).

I can't see what ports I have to manage for Ekiga,
and what ports Ekiga is managing automatically.

Thanks!
Rob.