Re: [Ekiga-list] Re (2): Reaching a north american telephone number via Diamond

Damien Sandras wrote:
Le samedi 29 août 2009 à 13:37 -0700, peasthope shaw ca a écrit :
darkfena313 wrote,
try this : @eugw.ast.diamondcard.us
OK but Diamond support insists that the example on their Web page is correct.
sip:18002001000 sip diamondcard us

Stu wrote,
I use diamondcard in the US and other places.  the escape sequence is
001xxxxxxxxxx.  I had an diamondcard for a couple of years.
I guess you are outside N.A. and 001 is the required country code. I should have explained that I am in British Columbia and aiming for numbers within the province.

I'll review this on Monday when at work again. Thanks to everyone for the help.

For Diamondcard, being in Belgium or in the US does not change anything:
you just are on the Internet.

For example, country code for Belgium is +32, and I need to dial
sip:32.... from anywhere in the world if I want to call a belgian
number.
im in saudi arabia and to call america i just dial the country code (1), followed by the area code and the number (i.e) 1216********* eugw ast diamondcard us . it has always worked for me.