Re: [Ekiga-list] Logitech Webcam (Not "GO") solution

Edward Dunagin wrote:

I have a Logitech Quickcam USB running under Hardy and Ekiga 2.0.12
and had no trouble setting it up. It too is very old. Also using v4l..

Hope this helps.............ed
Actually there are two versions of "their webcam" between mine and yours; unfortunately yours and ones that followed are the only ones they [writers AND webcam designers] chose to move forward with. That's ok. It's already where it needed to go.

I had an IRMan like this the other day; I spent $35 on it back in those days. I must have put dozens of man-hours into getting it to work on various versions of Redhat, then Fedora, then Ubuntu, but it worked for like...30 minutes in it's lifetime. Every once in a while ya need to throw things away, ya know? AND MAN, did it feel good!

  :)

Brian Fahrländer                 Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN ICQ: 5119262 AOL/Yahoo/GoogleTalk: WheelDweller