[Ekiga-list] Logitech Webcam (Not "GO") solution

Back when I was a highly-paid engineer in Chicago, one of these little Logitech Webcams got into my stable of parts- musta been 1996-97. I wasted THREE HOURS trying to get the thing working under Windows, but grinned brightly when I plugged it into Linux and it worked right out of the box.

Fast forward to now: I just spent my 5th hour and final hour going over google, trying to re-establish this kind of relationship. Everything's newer now, and I understand that, going to 0v511-jpeg, spcxxx, and so on. But short of getting out the source code and wasting the afternoon (why?) I thought I'd ask if someone in this audience has one of them working. Maybe I'll get a reply before someone empties the trashcan. :)

I'm running a very 'clean' Ubuntu Hardy, no sourcecode or special projects to get in the way. I'm getting the 'usb-returned -28' thing, which I'm told is supposed to be the same as "no space left on device".

I really don't want to break into source code; I shouldn't have to- it's the foundational device on which all these others were built, and it once took nothing at all. (We're regressing the way Microsoft's been doing, lately).

If you have one of these under Linux, didn't have to hack into the source code, let me know, aye? I'd sure appreciate it.

Brian Fahrländer                 Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN ICQ: 5119262 AOL/Yahoo/GoogleTalk: WheelDweller