Re: [Ekiga-list] Netgear wireless to Ekiga 2.1.0 registration failed

On Wed, 2008-10-15 at 20:42 +0200, helen wrote:
> I'm experiencing the following: when I use wired ethernet (directly to
> our wireless provider - Tecnoadsl) ekiga registers instantly, but when
> I use wired or wireless  connection via Netgear wnr854t  it always
> says registration  failed. I have to connect the wireless provider
> (Netgear) receiver into the back of the Netgear wireless router then
> connect directly to my computer.
>
>  I run the wizard for both types of network connection and it always
> registration failed when I add the Netgear into my system .
>
>  The wireless connection works perfectly for any other application I
> use.

Have you checked the network device being used in both cases? I know
that when I switch networks I have to switch from using eth0 to eth2 as
my wired connection is eth0 but my wireless connection is eth2. Also I
have found that once making this change I then need to restart Ekiga to
get it to start using the new device correctly.

--
 o)   Derek Wueppelmann           (o
(D .   monkey monkeynet ca         D).